Unified console module (УПМ device)
The universal console module (УПМ device) may be used as a console of an operator of automated information and control systems (AICS), various-purpose technical facilities control systems (TFCS) as well as other control systems for submarines (SM) of various displacement. Technological effectiveness of the design of the УПМ device ensures the possibility of use of various panels with controls thus ensuring the possibility of execution of the tasks in the control consoles of the various-purpose AICS and TFCS.
The УПМ device jointly with the KROPS-01 operator's armchair, which ensures the comfortable conditions for the operator to work and his protection against shock stress of the submarine hull by means of reduction of the active shock accelerations, form the operator's automated workstation (AWS-O).
УПМ device characteristics:
- The УПМ device has overall dimensions of (1610x650x765) mm and it can be loaded through the hatch with the diameter of 594 mm when disassembled into component parts.
- The device contains the ECM external connection module which may be supplied to the object beforehand for ensuring beforehand connection of the shipboard wiring to the device.
- The УПМ device has two independent control and information processing channels, each having its own computing unit (system unit) and a separate facility for information displaying (monitor).
The УПМ device contains two-channel information input facilities connectable to both control and information processing channels:
- a universal 10-inch touch-screen panel (for displaying virtual controls on the front panel of the device);
- small-size functional keyboard (for digital data input);
- trackball-type manipulator (to control the cursor on the monitor screen).
Apart from the above-listed information input facilities, one of the device monitors also has a touch-screen panel. The power consumption of the УПМ device is up to 350 W.
Each channel of the УПМ device ensures:
- execution of computing operations in real-time OS QNX 4.25 (КПДА.00002-01), QNX 6.23 with clock frequency of the central processor equaling up to 1.8 Hz, and it also has the following computing resources:
- RAM capacity - up to 2 Gb;
- Video-RAM capacity - up to 64 Mb;
- Flash-drive, volume up to 32 Gb;
- connection to external interfaces: 2 Ethernet channels, channel RS-485 and 2 redundant channels of multiplex data exchange as per GOST P 52070-2003;
- supply voltage 220V 50Hz or 27V DC;
- reception, processing of discrete signals and formation of control actions in the form of discrete signals (25 discrete inputs, 26 discrete outputs of "open collector" type, 8 discrete outputs to relay with throwable contact);
- information displaying on 19" monitor.
УПМ device features
- The УПМ device cabinet envisages conductive cooling. The design of the cabinet makes it possible to take away the heat from the system unit / having the power of up to 160 W, the most heat-emitting modules in the' processor unit being the processor module and the electric power supply module. This makes it possible to use the high-capacity processor modules without blowing them a round with fans, thus ensuring the observance of the requirements to the noise level of control consoles.
- The protection degree of the device is IP23, which makes is possible to use the device in more severe environment with regard to moisture resistance, which is stipulated in the requirements for the future projects.
- The external cables are connected to the lower part of the console, thus facilitating maintenance of the device installed on board the object.
- The dimension of the device with respect to depth has been reduced, which makes it possible to mount it closer to the submarine pressure hull outlines, thus saving the working volume of the premise. The weight of the device (considering it is built based on УПМ device of the two-rack control console) has become a third of the previous one.
- The design of the individual components of the device and its framework as a whole has been tangibly simplified; the nomenclature and the quantity of parts and assembly units have been considerably reduced.
- 2-chanel schematics of the device is implemented (2 independent control and information processing channels, giving an advantage with regard to overall dimensions when building-up the control systems (CS)).
- 19" monitors are used for information displaying.
- The УПМ device accommodates information input devices made and tested as per the requirements of the set of normative documents "Moroz-6":
- two-channel sensor control panel;
- two-channel functional keyboard;
- two-channel trackball.
- The device comprises the interfacing module developed as per the newly introduced multiplex exchange interface standard.
- The possibility of connection of the plug-in flash-drive is ensured for picking-up the information to be documented without power supply switching-off and without using a notebook.
- The hardware and software ensure diagnostics of faulty modules and units used in the device (up to diagnostics of faulty mezzanines) which ensures prompt trouble shooting and efficient restoration of device operability.