The "Pirit-M" control system
The "Pirit" type system ("Pirit-M") is designed to control a three-dimensional motion of a diesel submarine in surface and submerged condition.
Motion control system of a diesel submarine
The "Pirit" type system ("Pirit-M") is designed to control a three-dimensional motion of a diesel submarine in surface and submerged condition. To control a three-dimensional position the system interacts with:
- hydraulic steering gears of a vertical rudder, a horizontal aft rudder and a horizontal middle fin;
- an integrated navigation system;
- a combat information and control system;
- an integrated ship management system.
The system implements the control of a vertical rudder, a horizontal aft rudder and a horizontal middle fin in remote and automatic modes from a central control console; remote control of a vertical rudder from a device, placed in a rudder house; emergency remote control of a vertical rudder and a horizontal aft rudder in a switched on/off mode, as well as local manual control of a horizontal aft rudder and vertical rudder through the handles of electrohydraulic devices when the systems is de-energized.
The "Pirit-M" system allows to simplify considerably the tasks of repair and overhaul works on control systems of technical facilities during medium repairs of the 877EKM objects, as well as the tasks of completing with equipment the control systems of the new 636 objects.
The system provides for control of a three-dimensional motion of a diesel submarine by one operator in all the operating conditions and emergency situations and in all the ranges of changing motion parameters.
Functions of the system
- remote and automatic course control in surface, periscope-depth and submerged positions;
- remote and automatic diving depth control in periscope-depth and submerged positions;
- automatic trim control in a submerged position;
- combined automatic depth and course control in periscope-depth and submerged positions;
- calculation and representation of predicted depth and course values on video-monitors;
- automatic detection of emergency changes in diving depth (sinkage and surfacing) in cases, when they are caused by errors in control, failures in operating modes of control;
- automatic detection of horizontal aft rudder;
- generation of information about trim and list angles of a diesel submarine;
- implementation of an onboard trainer mode;
- representation of the information about predetermined, current and predicted values of diving depth and course on video-monitors.