|Integrated Platform Management System - IPMS
The Integrated Platform Management System is a unified integrated digital computational and control complex built-up on the basis of microprocessor technology, which ensures control and monitoring of the Main Propulsion Plant (MPP CS), Power Generation and Distribution System (PGDS CS), Auxiliary Ship Systems (ACS CS), Ship Motion and Maneuvering (SM CS) and maintains communication with the Integrated Bridge System (IBS).
Such integration enhances information and functional capabilities of the crew in the process of controlling the maritime object, ensuring navigational safety of voyage and use of special equipment.
The main advantage of the IPMS is the considerable improvement of the contents of information about the state of on-board facilities in routine operation modes, during damage control and in combat conditions by means of creation and maintaining the common information environment available for all functional subsystems.
Another important advantage of IPMS is high performance achieved by means of application of uniform component base, common interfaces and uniform set of operation documents.
The following features of the IPMS should also be noted:
- common interface, advanced facilities for ensuring access to information;
- high reliability and endurance owing to functional and structural redundancy;
- opportunity of upgrading the system to obtain additional functions, capability for modernization;
- unification of SPTA, technical solutions and improved repairability;
- opportunity to use the IPMS for comprehensive training of operators in training modes.
Besides, the system is upgradable, reconfigurable and it has modernization capabilities for meeting the changing functional requirements, as well as the requirements to modernization of technical facilities throughout lifecycle of a ship.
In general, an IPMS includes the following:
- Main Propulsion Plant Control System;
- Power Generation and Distribution Control System;
- Motion Control System and Stabilizer Control System;
- Auxiliary Control System;
- Damage Control Information Support System;
- Integrated Bridge System;
- Data Exchange System;
- Centralized Electric Power Supply System.
The following equipment may be additionally included in the IPMS:
- remotely-controlled valves;
- bilge waters level sensors;
- level sensors of continuous operation;
- doors and hatches closure indicators;
- stability monitoring devices;
- closed-circuit television system (with a set of video cameras);
- cables of fiber-optical data exchange system (with required terminals) of sufficient length with backbone connecting units;
- all components required for equipment installation (including shock absorbers, couplers, clamps etc.);
- administration and maintenance support system;
- cartographic server;
- intellectual main switchboard (MSB);
- insubmersibility boards (as a set).
- the upper level: control consoles (CC) and devices of local control stations (LCS) intended for representation of information on display facilities, entering and processing of operator’s commands and their transmission to the lower level, control of channel of data exchange, reception and processing of information coming from the equipment of the lower level;
- the lower level: local technological stations (LTS), which perform the functions of control, acquisition and storage of information and transmission of the information to the upper level. CC, LCS and LTS are united via the central Ethernet devices through the high performance redundant duplicated Ethernet network.
The Concern is ready to take up the functions of the integrator of adjoining systems into the IPMS, i.e. fire alarm system, CCTV, communication, telecommunication, environment monitoring and others.
Concern Avrora Scientific and Production Association JSC can ensure the following as the main supplier of the Integrated Platform Management System:
- development and manufacturing of the Integrated Platform Management System;
- testing and tuning-in;
- demonstration of the IPMS to the Customer for functional checks;
- setting-to-work and commissioning on the maritime object;
- warranty and service support throughout the entire lifecycle of the maritime object.
Integrated Platform Management System - IPMS