|Ship dynamic positioning control systems
Consoles included in the motion and dynamic positioning control system (MC and DP S) are intended for control of motion and dynamic positioning of ships, giving control signals to the inputs of the local control systems of the drives of rudder propellers, propulsion motors and thrusters.
A standart control console section has the following dimensions:
- Height – 1100 mm;
- Width - 800 mm;
- Depth - 580 mm.
Console section weight is 100 kg.
Scope of information support:
Navigation information arrives from:
- navigation complex;
- satellite navigation system;
- hydrometeorological complex;
- information and control complex;
- rudder-propeller complex;
- electric power system.
The system ensures the following control modes:
- control of the processes of cruising and maneuvering during the passages to the site;
- coordinated control of dynamic positioning at point;
- coordinated control of ship motion under active facilities along the assigned path;
- dynamic positioning control when performing cargo handling in open water areas;
- simulation mode for training the personnel.
- Modeling of analysis of the consequences of failure of bow thrusters or a rudder propeller with regard to the trend of increase of wind speed in real time or in off-line mode (in shortcut time scale).
- Motion modeling for the purpose of prediction of the ship motion path during maneuvering, taking in consideration the inertia! qualities of the ship and the effect of the current external forces and torques.
- On-board trainer.
- Coordinated control of:
- motion and turning as per the course at ultra-small speeds by means of joystick-type handle and torque handle in dynamic stabilization mode;
- motion speed vector by means of joystick-type handle and angular turning speed by means of torque handle during maneuvering and cruising.
- Setting of motion control or positioning parameters by means of functional keyboard, joystick-type handles and trackball-type manipulators.
- Movement along the route at predetermined speed.
Ship dynamic positioning control systems