Creation of simulators is based on the following main principles:
Possibility to hone intellectual skills in the process of decision-making in case of emergency and abnormal situations in conditions of emotional tension and time shortage.
- Principle of structural completeness of a simulator facility. It consists in presence of three mandatory components: constructional (exact copy of an operator workstation exterior), model (all-mode model of a controlled object) and educational (consideration of training objectives and tasks);
- Implementation of elements of instructional design, starting from the moment of receiving a technical assignment and finishing with warranty and service maintenance of supplied products;
- Principle of rational combination of real operator workstation (OWS) simulators, elements of real ship equipment and automated PC-based operator workstations (AOWS);
- Principle of modularity of simulation complex at any level, when training facilities are created by means of combining different modules and special-purpose simulators, providing adaptation of a complex to a wide range of military training objectives;
- Principle of consideration of environmental factors: simulation of ship motion, noise of operating mechanisms, gas environment in compartments and rooms, etc.